Patient’s Eligibility Criteria
Must be referred by a doctor or nurse practitioner and have experienced:
- A recent illness, injury, accident or surgery that led to a decline in function or movement,
- A flare-up or worsening of symptoms from a previous fall, accident, surgery of chronic condition that led to a decline in function or movement,
You also must:
- Have a valid Ontario health card and
- Be 65 years or older;
- 19 years or younger;
- Any age after overnight hospitalization for a condition that requires physiotherapy (and for which you are not otherwise eligible through other publicly funded programs);
- A recipient of Ontario Works (OW) or the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP). In that case an Ontario health card is not required and there are also no age requirements;
Who is Not Eligible for the Ontario Community Physiotherapy Clinic Program?
You are not eligible to participate in the Program if you:
- Want to keep an existing level of function or ability to move
- Want long-term rehabilitation (talk to your health care provider for options)
- Need specialized services (e.g. for stroke and heart attack recovery)
- Receive other physiotherapy services funded through auto insurance, the Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) or by other government-funded healthcare programs (e.g. in-home physiotherapy).
Note: a referral from a doctor or nurse practitioner does not mean you are automatically approved to receive physiotherapy under this Program.